– The original color association with St. Patrick was blue but over the years it has become green due to him using a shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to pagan Irish and it’s also the color of Spring.
– The Chicago River is annually dyed green for this day
– Besides obvious countries that celebrate this day (Ireland, U.S.), Argentina, Canada, Great Britain, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Russia, South Korea and Switzerland also partake in festivities
– It’s estimated that there are 10,000 regular 3-leaf clovers to every 1 lucky 4-leaf clover
– According to the Guiness Book of World Records, the largest collection of 111,040 four-leaf clovers belong to Edward Martin from Alaska which he’s been collecting since 1999.
– The city with the largest population of Americans with Irish descent is Boston
– Corned beef is an American invention, the Irish do not actually eat this to celebrate the day
– The original Guiness Brewery in Dublin has a 9,000 year lease